- This event has passed.
2021/2022 Season Line-Up
Wednesday, September 1
One event on Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
As with just about everything, March 2020 caused live theatre and entertainment at the Marion Palace to come to a screeching halt due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For the first time in the theatre’s 93 year history, an entire season of touring artists, local productions, and movie weekends were cancelled. While the Marion Palace Theatre was able to host a handful of small events and never shut down completely during this time, it is a thrill to once again host patrons at a greater capacity and feature large scale live entertainment on the historic stage.
It is with great pleasure; Marion Palace Theatre Executive Director Bev Ford announces the theatre’s 93rd season entertainment schedule, which runs July 2021 through June 2022. Included in the lineup are 4 national touring artists’ concerts on the main stage (Jefferson Starship, Roots & Boots on Tour with Sammy Kershaw, Aaron Tippin and Collin Raye, Amy Grant, and Debby Boone); 5 local Palace Productions (“Happy Days, A New Musical,” “Madagascar, A Musical Adventure, Jr.,” “Christmas at the Palace,” “Back to the Eighties,” and “Clue on Stage”); along with 3 events that are part of the Music in the May series (Hey Mavis, Dueling Pianos, and The GeezeCats).
Event dates, show times, ticket prices, and synopsis are listed below.
Tickets are available for purchase to 2021-2022 Palace Members by stratified giving levels June 14-June 25 and to the general public beginning Monday, June 28 at 9:00 a.m. Tickets may be ordered during box office hours by phone (740) 383-2101, in person at 276 W Center Street, downtown Marion, or 24/7 online marionpalace.org. Fees apply for online purchases. Box office hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
2021-2022 Touring Artists on the Main Stage
- Jefferson Starship – Friday, September 24, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. – The classic rock group performs songs from their catalog of hits including “Volunteers,” “White Rabbit,” “Wooden Ships,” “Somebody to Love,” “Today,” “Miracles,” “Fast Buck Freddie,” “Jane,” and “Find Your Way Back.” Sponsored by Dostal & Kirk Insurance & Financial Services. $34, $40, $46, $52.
- Roots & Boots on Tour with Sammy Kershaw, Collin Raye, & Aaron Tippin – Friday, October 22, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. – Three of the voices that defined 90s Country Music join forces for a one-night only concert. Concert-goers will experience Karshaw’s timeless hits including “She Don’t Know She’s Beautiful,” Raye’s searing ballads such as “In This Life,” and Tippin’s legendary songs like “You’ve Got to Stand for Something.” Sponsored by State Farm, Dan Barth & Associates and Mid Ohio Energy Cooperative, Inc. $32, $38, $44, $50.
- Amy Grant – Friday, November 5, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. – Six-time Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Amy Grant takes the Palace stage to perform her timeless hits, “Baby,Baby,” “El Shaddai” “Every Heartbeat,” and more. Sponsored by Alluvial Private Wealth. $32, $39, $47, $54.
- Debby Boone’s White Christmas – Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 3 p.m. – Three-time Grammy award winning artist delivers a jubilant holiday celebration through story and yuletide songs including her 1977 fan favorite, “You Light Up My Life.” Sponsored by Whirlpool Corporation. $27, $32, $37, $42.
2021-2022 Palace Productions on the Main Stage
- “Happy Days, A New Musical” – July 10, 11, and July 16, 17, & 18, 2021. Directed by Clare Cooke and featuring a cast of local talent, this family friendly musical features all your favorite characters from the hit television show including Richie, Potsie, Ralph Malph, Pinky and the unforgettable Fonz. Sponsored by Marion Community Foundation John & Kathleen O’Shea Fund. $50 Patron (includes premium seating, special recognition in the program, and a party on July 10); $19, $23 Adult; $12 Child age 12 & younger.
- “Madagascar, A Musical Adventure, Jr.” – October 8, 9, & 10, 2021. – From the blockbuster DreamWorks film comes a musical adventure of a lifetime. Directed by Kristi Wink and featuring a cast of local youth, the show follows the antics of Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the hip hip Hippo and, of course, those hilarious, plotting penguins. Sponsored by Jim & Barb Greetham. $19 Adult; $12 Child age 12 & younger.
- “Christmas at the Palace” – December 3, 4, & 5, 2021. – Directed by Clare Cooke, this variety show featuring local community members, has become one of Marion’s favorite holiday traditions. Sponsored by First Citizens National Bank and Marion OB/GYN, Dr. David and Jude Foulk. $22, $19 Adult; $12 Child age 12 & younger.
- “Back to the Eighties” – February 18, 19, & 20, 2022. – Directed by Emily Yaksic and performed by a cast of local youth, this parody stage production travels back in time to an era filled with 80s pop culture. Sponsored by Pillar Credit Union. $19 Adult; $12 Child age 12 & younger.
- “Clue On Stage” – Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 6pm. – Emily Yaksic directs this family friendly comedy that will keep you guessing until the final twist. A local cast portrays the cult classic characters known as Scarlet, Plum, White, Green, Peacock, and Mustard as they race to find a murderer. $22.
2021-2022 Music in the May Series
- Hey Mavis – Friday, January 14, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. – This Cuyahoga Valley quartet connects with audiences across the globe who enjoy a soulful mix of original Appalachian Americana music. Sponsored by Ted Graham. $16.
- Dueling Pianos – Saturday, February 12 at 6 p.m. – Whether you’re in the mood for Journey or Lady Gaga – you say it, they play it. Howl’s entertainers go head to head singing and playing your favorite music requests from the classics to today’s hits. Sponsored by Merrill Lynch, Kit Fogle, CPFA. $25.
- The GeezeCats – Friday, May 20, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. – This Cleveland, Ohio based band delivers a concert filled with harmony and hilarity featuring the classic songs of the late ’50s and early ’60s. Sponsored by Marion Logistics Services. $16.