- This event has passed.
Shovel City Improv
Friday, August 14 @ 7:30 pm
A truly fun-filled show, these crazy hometown comedians keep it fresh and entertaining with sketches that YOU help create. So bring your imaginations and bring your friends to laugh the night away with Shovel City Improv.
Taking the phrase “audience participation” to a whole new level, members of the audience suggest random ideas for the games and skits that seasoned stage actors perform on the spot. Nothing is scripted, so it becomes a night of hilarious and unpredictable fun! This event is recommended for ages 16 and older.
The rotational pool of actors from Shovel City Improv includes Daniel Bradshaw, Kim Bradshaw, Mike Cochran, Bruce Cudd, Diana Dailey, Hannah Fuller, Justen LaPlante, and Eric Mosley.
Please note: Safety protocols are in place to ensure a clean, safe environment. Guests will find staff and volunteers in face masks, hand sanitizer in high-touch surface locations, plastic dividers in the concession area, and will be assisted in seat selection to assure proper spacing. Safety policies and guidelines will continue to evolve with time and will be assessed and updated on an ongoing basis.
May Pavilion ♦ Tickets: $10 admission
For Everyone’s Safety
- Palace staff and volunteers will conduct daily wellness checks and implement the use of face masks, as well as the use of gloves as appropriate.
- Guests are asked to wear face masks in all public areas (purchasing tickets, concessions, and lobby) and stay home if sick. Masks may be removed once seated.
- Low-contact options for ticket purchases will be available through the website (fees apply).
- There will be an increased frequency of cleaning, especially high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the theatre.
- In-theatre signs and markings will encourage proper social distancing.
Hours & Price
- The Box Office will be open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 11am to 1pm when staffing is available.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance through the website. Each ticket transaction will incur a $5 processing fee. Patrons will be required to show the email with proof of purchase on a smart phone or a printed copy.
- Those who wish to avoid online processing fees may purchase tickets at the door with cash or credit card provided seating is available. Doors will open 45 minutes before movies and 60 minutes before live events.
Concessions, Food, Beverages
- Low-contact food ordering will be highly encouraged through marionpalace.org
- Concession stands will be open, serving the traditional menu – popcorn, soda, & candy. Each item will be $2. Patrons are encouraged to present cashiers with exact dollar amount to avoid the need to make change.
- Alcoholic beverages will be offered during most Friday and Saturday evening events.
- Plastic barriers are installed in concession room.
- A seating pattern has been established that allows for proper social distancing between groups in accordance with the CDC. Guests will be assisted by volunteers to ensure proper social distancing.
- Although capacity will be limited, groups can be seated together upon arrival at the theatre and in accordance with state regulations, provided accommodations are available.
- Extra time between shows will allow the time for thorough cleanings.
- Following events, guests will be asked to exit while practicing social distancing between groups, dispose of all trash and avoid congregating in the lobby.