Become a PCAA Member
Like other performing arts theatres, earned income accounts for about half of the Palace’s operating costs. The remainder of the funding comes from a variety of donations — the Ohio Arts Council, Marion Community Foundation, corporate sponsorships, other grants and foundations, as well as individual contributions through membership donations. The Palace Cultural Arts Association (PCAA) is a 501 c 3 member-supported, volunteer-assisted organization.
The theatre serves over 60,000 patrons and guests annually through its programs and directly benefits the local economy in Marion County by attracting visitors from other cities, counties and states. In addition, the activities at the Palace impact the quality of life for our residents and those it attracts, providing live performances by national touring artists and local talent alike.
July 2019 marks the beginning of the Marion Palace Theatre’s 91st Season. We believe there’s never been a more perfect time to show your support and love of the arts and of the Palace by joining as a member. The benefits are numerous and the perks are plenty.
2019-2020 PCAA Member Benefits
- ALL MEMBERS receive the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public, name recognition in the season Playbill, free ticket-exchange privileges within a single season (with advance 7 day notice), reduced movie admission, exclusive access to a dedicated ticket agent at the door on show nights, and discounted ticket price on select shows when purchasing tickets in person or by phone, and discounts at the following area restaurants: All Occasions, Applebee’s Marion, Attaboys Comfort Cuisine, Baires Restaurant, Courtyard Grub & Pub, House of Hunan, Perkins Restaurant, and Sansotta’s Fresh Italian.
Additional benefits are offered in stratified levels as follows:
- CAST MEMBERS $25-$49: Previous benefits listed above + (4) Free boxes of popcorn
- STAR MEMBERS $50-$99: Cast Member benefits + (4) Free non-alcoholic beverages
- MUSICAL DIRECTOR MEMBERS $100-$249: Star Member benefits + Discounts on Theatre Camp. May request to be placed on a waiting list for sold-out shows and upgraded seat locations.
- CHOREOGRAPHER MEMBERS $250-$499: Musical Director Member benefits + 11” x 17” event poster autographed by your favorite artist this season
- DIRECTOR MEMBERS $500-$999: Choreographer Member benefits + Free “Balcony to Backstage” theatre tour for you and your 8 guests.
- MARQUEE MEMBERS $1,000-$1,099: Director Member benefits + Your favorite seats reserved until two weeks before every Palace-sponsored, reserved-seat show. Exclusive use of balcony during movies. Invitation to annual Marquee celebration. Complimentary movie admission for up to (4) people in your household. (2) Free boxes of popcorn at any event all season long by simply showing your Marquee Club Card. (1) Free private use of the Scharer Patron Lounge or Rotary Room.
- MARQUEE PLUS MEMBERS $1,100-$1,999: Marquee Member benefits + Exclusive personal message on front marquee for one day.
- RUBY MARQUEE MEMBERS $2,000 & Up: Marquee Plus Member benefits + 10% discount on price of a (Mon-Thu) May Pavilion rental or ½ price on second use of the Scharer Patron Lounge or Rotary Room.
We invite you to become a member of the PCAA. For more information about the benefits of membership, please contact the Box Office at (740) 383-2101 or stop in at 270 W. Center St., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
MATCHING GIFT OPPORTUNITY
The Ray and Charlotte Baldauf Charitable Trust, through Trustee Ron Cramer, will match all new PCAA memberships or increases by current PCAA members to a maximum combined match of $15,000.
Palace Executive Director Bev Ford says she is thrilled by this matching gift opportunity which helps PCAA members’ dollars go further. “If someone has thought about making a contribution in the past but just not gotten around to writing that check, this would be a great year to do it; $25 becomes $50, $100 becomes $200 and $500 becomes a $1,000 contribution thanks to the matching fund challenge. In honor of our 91st year, we’d love to raise $91,000 in general membership monies. This matching fund challenge will help us reach that goal!”