–Posted May 26, 2021–
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Palace Cultural Arts Association (PCAA) Board of Directors has an exciting opportunity to fill the position of Executive Director of the Marion Palace Theatre. The Marion Palace Theatre is a 501 (c)(3), historic, atmospheric performing arts venue located in the heart of downtown Marion, Ohio. Designed by renowned theatre architect John Eberson, the Palace opened in 1928 and has been operational throughout its 93 years. Serving nearly 70,000 guests annually, the Palace is integral to Marion’s quality of life. A community of 36,000 residents, with a county-wide population of nearly 60,000, the Palace serves as the primary performing arts space for a seven county north central Ohio region. The Spanish decor welcomes guests into a unique theatre setting with a 1430 seating capacity. Programming includes concerts by national and regional touring artists and community theatre productions, as well as offering second run films, rental opportunities, classes and educational programs. A 2008 pavilion addition, which is adjacent to the theatre auditorium, provides a flexible space for smaller productions. This space is also frequently used for local bands, performers, musicians, corporate meetings, wedding receptions and more.
The Palace Cultural Arts Association will foster appreciation, education and participation in the arts, while preserving and promoting the historic Marion Palace Theatre.
Areas of responsibility for the Executive Director include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all Marion Palace Theatre operations, reporting to and interfacing with the PCAA Board of Directors and its committees.
- Manage all business processes and policies related to running, maintaining, and upgrading the theatre.
- Oversee all resources – staff, volunteers, members, sponsors, community partners, the facilities, budgets, and more.
- Ensure that the theatre is successful artistically, commercially, and financially.
- Develop and manage the budget to meet ultimate goals.
- Plan and implement programs and activities to carry out the mission of the PCAA.
- Negotiate contracts with artists, agents, and vendors.
- Fundraising, including organizing the annual membership drive, soliciting sponsors and other donors, fundraising events, identifying grant opportunities and writing grant requests.
- Networking, including working collaboratively with community partners, members, and potential members to develop a strong membership to further the organization’s mission.
- Communicating, including the oversight of the mission and messages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Executive Director should be an energetic professional with exemplary communication skills, including public speaking, interpersonal, verbal, written and relationship-building skills.
- Highly organized with event and/or program-planning experience preferred.
- Passion for the theatre experience and a hands-on approach.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite and experience with databases and/or ticketing software preferred.
- The ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with team-building and managing a staff. Volunteer management is also preferred.
- Fundraising and/or grant-writing experience preferred.
- Negotiating skills preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in theatre management, non-profit management, business, or other related fields.
- 3 years of supervisory experience, experience managing a theatre a plus.
- Physical duties include ability to climb stairs, lift up to 40 pounds.
The Palace Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to: [email protected] Application Deadline: Friday, July 16, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.