Classes & Camps
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Policies and guidelines will continue to evolve with time and will be assessed and updated on an ongoing basis.
For Everyone’s Safety
- Palace staff and volunteers will conduct daily wellness checks and implement the use of face masks, as well as the use of gloves as appropriate.
- Guests are asked to wear face masks in all public areas of the theatre (while traveling to and from class or to the restroom) and stay home if sick. Masks may be removed for acting class activity.
- Students should be dropped off at the southwest corner of the north Palace parking lot and may be picked up in the same location. The instructor will release one student at a time.
- No parents, guardians, siblings, or other guests will be permitted to stay during class time.
- There will be an increased frequency of cleaning, especially high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the theatre.
- In-theatre signs and markings will encourage proper social distancing.
- Participants are to bring their own water bottles.
PALACE ACADEMY OF THE ARTS CLASSES – CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
2020-2021 Academy Schedule & Details
YOUTH ACTING – CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Even if your child isn’t dreaming of a full time stage career, acting classes build skills to last a lifetime. Students participate in theatre games to explore voice technique and movement, while learning to think on their feet and building acting skills. In addition to improvisation, character development, and pantomime exercises, students work on individual monologues and scene work. Proven to build self confidence and boost communication skills, classes equip students for opportunities onstage and in life. Instructor Kristi Wink.
- AGES 8-10 YRS
- AGES 11-14 YRS
- AGES 15+ YRS
PRIVATE LESSONS – CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Private one-on-one lessons are also offered at the Academy. VOICE lessons with Jami Rawlins (ages 12 to adult) are available for interested participants. Private lessons are $35 per 30 minute class or $60 per 60 minute class. Private Sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the Palace Theatre Box Office (740) 383-2101 for available day and time slots.
YOGA CLASSES & WORKSHOPS – CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
2020-2021 Yoga Classes
Feel the restorative power that yoga brings to mind and body with Certified Yoga Instructor & Yoga Alliance Member, Helene Everson. Learn yoga poses, meditation, stretching, relaxation, body awareness, and breathing. Students will receive instruction that is geared to personal needs and abilities; learn basic yoga postures and ways to modify the postures for individual body types. Please bring a sticky mat and dress comfortably. All classes will run monthly, with a cost of just $10 per class payable by the month. You must register for each month separately.